Monday, November 8, 2010

Dance class?

So I've been doing a lot of sitting around at home lately. It's a hard thing to get used to since I've spent the last 22 years running from one activity to another with barely any breathing room. I get bored, I watch way too much tv, and I feel my muscles getting lazy. Yes, I have Paris to go on walks with and take to the dog park, and yes, she does definitely wear me out sometimes, but it's just not the same.

So while I was sitting at home, I was thinking of something I could do and here's a little idea I've been playing with:

Tap dance classes.

Here's what I'm thinking: I took 15 years of dance. FIFTEEN years! And in all of those 15 years, tap was always my favorite. I did my first dance solo via a tap dance. Amy and I did a tap duet. My last year, I was the Riverdance soloist (one of the most experienced dances in the whole school and something I had been striving for for as long as I can remember). I love tap dancing.

I had been thinking about joining a gym, but this just sounds like so much more fun! And why not? It's still an amazing workout, my legs will get strong and toned again, I'll be doing something I love, and I'll meet new people! Most importantly, I'll be dance again. And that makes me extremely happy.

So what do you think? Is it something you think I should look into? Let me know :)

2 comments:

  1. DO IT!!! I'm about to do it here and if/when I get back to the Fort I will most certainly join you!

    ReplyDelete