Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thank goodness for my little brother...

...or else I wouldn't know how to hold my own in the "the other" office. These boys are SO much fun - shooting each other with nerf guns, playing ping pong and even the random yoga session in the middle of the floor! They tell funny jokes, make funny noises, and do, well, funny boy things.  Like I said, good thing I have a little brother to give me plenty of practice on handling/playing along with these things.

Don't get me wrong - this is a legit place and they definitely get things done. I am a little nervous that I won't deliver. Take it one day at a time, right? At least I made a good first impression for these boys :)

Kate Reed is still going amazing. I have a lot of creative freedom and can design just about anything I want. I have some ideas :)

And I'm learning so much about the printing industry! Who knew there was such a difference between digital printing, screen printing and letter press? Heck, who even knew there WAS a difference? I sure didn't. And we're getting our own letter press, so go ahead and add that to my list of skills. Can press my own paper? Check and check.

I love not being treated like the typical intern. I don't do any bitch work (okay, maybe I will a little, but come on, I AM an intern after all) and I get a good laugh every day. Something tells me that these next four months will be life changing for me - not only in my career but in learning new industries, making new friends, and teaching me some things I didn't know about myself. 

And since I have a MUCH better schedule (don't go in till 9:30, get home at 5 and NO weekends), that gives me time to...

Train a puppy!

If I can ever decide which one I want. It seems like I get my heart set on one and then something goes wrong. It's a little disheartening, but I'm sure (god, I hope) it'll be well worth the wait.

So, dear blogger, let's make a toast. A toast to good jobs (or unpaid internships, whatev), a good schedule, and the future. Because it's never felt brighter than it feels now.

No comments:

Post a Comment