Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love Love Love

There's just no other way to say it: I love my Kate Reed Designs internship.

This morning, I wrote emails, looked up descriptions and designs on etsy.com, and help put samples together. I cannot wait to get started on our new letter press (check out the Kate Reed blog) and get some designs going. I have some Christmas card ideas and am still thinking about doing something for sororities (let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions!).

Speaking of the letter press, who knew how cool it would be?! Letter pressing is like a lost art, and I can kinda see why. It's very tedious. You have to get just the right about of ink, the right color for ink, AND make sure you place the paper in the right place every time. You can only do one card at a time, you know. And when someone wants a set of, say, 10, you have to do it TEN times and it all has to be exactly the same. It's very much a trial and error art. But it's so freaking cool! I can't wait to really get down and dirty with it.

Also nice thing to hear: them saying they need to set aside some of the budget so they can hire me on at the end of the internship. I can't even tell you how exciting that is to me! It makes me want to buckle down and really show them that they can hire me and never EVER regret it. I hope I can do that. Like I said, give me any ideas or suggestions and I'll make some design templates! You could be helping me out :)

As for "the other"...let's just say that there's definitely a lack of communication, which is sometimes annoying. Okay, ALWAYS annoying. But, I am just an intern, so I can't expect much more...right?

But on a good note, I get my adorable puppy next week! I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Etsy! And I'm so excited that you're loving Kate Reed :) The letter press sounds fun...we did some printing stuff in my drawing classes and it's definitely an exact science. Oh Manda I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete