Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The quest is on

•Starting over from scratch
or
•Being unhappy, pretending not to be, and still doing the same thing over and over and over.

I pick starting over from scratch.

Thus, I am in search of an advertising/design/marketing internship. Yes, you heard me: the dreaded internship. That means many, many hours of "bitch work," time and dedication I would give to a real job, and all for zero pay. But (there's always a bright side, right?) I gain the experience I don't have yet, I get to see the inside workings of agencies, and I'll (hopefully) make amazing connections that can help me at the end of the semester when I try (yet again) to find a full time job.

So the search begins. One interview down, one email full of design samples, and hopefully more to come. The only bad thing? Income. Say I get an internship - do I find another part time job? Do I live off Dickse Dust (title compliments of Catie Kuisis) for a few months? And what if I get two internships that work out? Then what? Do I work those out? Maybe doing the nanny thing part time along with one or two internships? 

There is one thing I do know: I do NOT want to keep my current job (yes, there are some perks such as traveling to Texarkana which would mean two weeks at home. aka: my own bed, full parent attention and homecooked meals). Every day that I drive to Dallas is another day closer to when I get to quit. All I'm waiting for is one little internship offer.

Dear blogger, this is a complicated time (tack on other complications in different areas of my life, also) and trying to figure it all out is beyond hard. I have to consider my future, my feelings, and (as hard and confusing as it is) trying to figure out what's going on in other people's minds.

All I know is this: I'll take it one day at a time, keep looking, and keep living. And the best way I can think of is by surrounding myself with the people I love and who make me happy. Laughing is the best medicine, you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment